Instructional lecture on permanent hair removal with the use of lasers – under extraordinary circumstances.
This year, dermatologist Dr. Hero Schnitzler, with a private practice in Zurich, Enge, held a lecture on the interesting topic of permanent hair removal with the use of lasers, IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), and SHR (Super Hair Removal®) – under very special conditions.
At all times, the close to 20 participants wore the obligatory facemasks and kept a minimum seating distance of 1.5 meters in the large lecture room.
The circumstances were challenging for laser specialist Dr. Schnitzler especially due to the limited acoustics and resonance of his voice behind a facemask.
Nevertheless, Dr. Schnitzler (Instructor for the Swiss Association of Laser Medicine and for Laser Medicine of Greifswald University in Germany) was successful in reaching the participating doctors from Zurich and surrounding areas. Acoustically and content-wise, he brought them closer to the special techniques and tricks of laser hair removal. In his lecture and the following discussions on permanent hair removal with lasers the facts on long-lasting laser hair removal based on examples from practice experience, were discussed in depth with his colleagues.
The further education seminars on laser treatments for the skin, mostly held in Zurich, enable doctors to acquire Certification in permanent laser hair removal.
A few facts on laser hair removal:
- It is trendy for women as well as men to have unwanted hair removed.
- The area to be lasered must first be shaved. Plucking, washing or epilation is not sufficient.
- Usually four to five sessions are necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Modern hair removal with a laser reduces hair growth long-term up to 85% to 95%.
- Correctly applied, laser hair removal is relatively pain- and side-effect free.
- After the laser treatment the skin is cooled off and a soothing cream is applied.
- Exposure to sun and UV-rays after treatments must be avoided.